Access Virus TI2 Desktop :
The Access Virus TI2 Desktop synthesizer takes the revered Virus TI to
the next level, boasting 25% more calculating power, a more robust
onboard effects section, a lighter weight, and a completely redesigned
housing. At the heart of the Virus TI2 Desktop is the new OS3 which
comes with new effects - Frequency Shifter, Tape Delay, new Distortions,
and Character. What's more, it now includes the enhanced Virus Control
3.0 plug-in, giving you even deeper control of the synthesizer and your
many presets. Already a known Ferrari of a synth, expect even more from
the Access Virus TI2 Desktop.
Access Virus TI2 Desktop Synthesizer at a Glance:
- The "Ferrari" Just Got Better
- Robust effects section, with new TI2 effects
- Total Integration - enhanced Virus Control 3.0 plug-in
- 3 main oscillators and one sub-oscillator per voice
- Two fully independent filters and 2-dimensional modulation matrix
- Robust effects section, with new TI2 effects
- Each patch contains its own arpeggiator pattern
- Premium redesigned enclosure, lighter in weight
The "Ferrari" Just Got Better
somehow managed to improve on the revered Virus TI system, taking the
"Ferrari" to the next level of performance - and TI computer
integration. With a lighter, redesigned enclosure, a bolstered effects
section, and an enhanced Virus Control 3.0 plug-in - plus all the
staples that made the Virus the famous powerhouse - the Virus TI2
Desktop is truly the culmination of Access's 12-year triathlon of sound
research, distillation of user input, and their simple desire to create
an exceptional instrument.
Robust effects section, with new TI2 effects
new Access Virus TI2 Desktop features an even more powerful effects
section, bringing studio-favorite effects to the live performance realm.
In addition to phaser, chorus/flanger, ring modulator/shifter, EQ, and a
global vocoder, onboard are a new Tape Delay effect, a Frequency
Shifter, and new Distortions. There's also a new Character effect, which
lets you shape the timbre of the Virus's sound and its fit in the mix,
using Analog Boost, Vintage 1/2/3, Pad Opener, Lead Enhancer, Bass
Enhancer, or Stereo Widener "Characters."
Total Integration - enhanced Virus Control 3.0 plug-in
TI in the Virus TI2 Desktop stands for Total Integration with your DAW -
and Access has heightened that integration, with the Access Virus TI2
line. With the new Virus Control 3.0 plug-in, you have enhanced control
over your Virus TI2, right inside your DAW. There's also an even more
robust presets manager, so you can organize, sort, search, and tweak -
as quickly as you want to work.
3 main oscillators and one suboscillator per voice
Access Virus TI2 Desktop features three main oscillators and one
sub-oscillator per voice. Each main oscillator can be made up of various
oscillator types, including Hyper Saw (a multi saw-tooth oscillator
with up to 9 stacked oscillators, 9 sub oscillators, and a sync
oscillator at the same time), Classic Virtual Analog oscillators (saw,
variable pulse, sine, triangle, 62 spectral waves with several FM
modes), Graintable, Wavetable (with 100 multi-index wavetables), and
Two fully independent filters and 2-dimensional modulation matrix
can use two fully independent filters with the Access Virus TI2 Desktop
- lowpass, highpass, bandpass, and bandstop) while using an optional
saturation module between both filter blocks. The saturation module can
add one of several distortions and lo-fi effects, or an additional
low/highpass filter. There's also optional self-resonating Moog cascade
filter simulation, with circuit overload and 1-4 poles. What's more, the
Access Virus TI2 Desktop offers a 2-dimensional modulation matrix, with
6 slots (1 source and 3 modulation targets each), and you can modulate
parameters in realtime.
Each patch contains its own arpeggiator pattern
patch onboard the Access Virus TI2 keyboard features its own
arpeggiator pattern with 32 programmable steps (length and velocity can
be adjusted per step) and a global control for swing/shuffle timing and
for note lengths. You can control all of this using the modulation
Premium redesigned enclosure, lighter in weight
new Access Virus TI2 Desktop retains is classy look - all designed,
engineered, and built in Germany. It also features a lighter weight, so
the Virus TI2 Desktop is even more prepared for the stage.
Access Virus TI2 Desktop Synthesizer Features:
- New Effects, including Tape Delay, Frequency Shifter, new Distortions, and Character
- 25% more calculating power than Virus TI, and completely redesigned housing
DSP system with over 80 stereo voices under average load. (Load depends
on which oscillator / filter model has been chosen).
Control 3.0 VST and Apple Audio Unit Plug-for Mac OS X and Windows XP.
The remote seamlessly integrates the Virus TI into your sequencer,
making it feel just like a plug-in.
- The Virus TI's Audio and MIDI inputs and outputs can be used by the sequencer application as an audio and MIDI interface.
- The Virus TI is the first hardware synthesizer with sample-accurate timing and delay-compensated connection to your sequencer.
Oscillators for a completely new array of sounds. WaveTable and
conventional Virus oscillators and filters can be mixed.
oscillators with up to 9 sawtooths - each with parallel sub oscillator
per voice (that's over 1800 stereo oscillators @ 100 voices!).
- Independent delay and reverb for all 16 multi mode slots.
parallel effects. There is reverb and delay, chorus, phaser, ring
modulator, distortion, 3 band EQ and the Analog Boost bass enhancer.
multi-mode filters (HP, LP, BP, BS) and the Analog Filter (modeled
after the MiniMoog cascade filter with 6-24 dB Slope and
- Dedicated remote mode turns the Virus TI into an universal remote control for VST / AU plug-ins and external synthesizers.
balanced outputs with +4 dB level and switchable soft limiting
algorithm. Studio grade 192 khz D/A converters with S/PDIF digital I/O.
2x24 bit inputs. Surround sound capabilities
- Tap tempo button. The algorithm is based on Access' Sync Xtreme technology.
- Programmable arpeggiator pattern for every patch.
quantize for creating stepped controller movements. The stepping
automatically syncs to the Virus clock or an incoming MIDI clock.
- 3 LFOs with 68 waveforms to choose from.
- 2 super fast ADSTR envelopes.
- Extended memory: 512 RAM patches and 2048 ROM patches (rewritable).
- Adaptive control smoothing for jitter-free modulations on all important parameters.
- Multi mode with embedded patches.
- Compatible with USB 2.0 specifications, USB and High-Speed USB devices.
- 2 pedal inputs.
The Access Virus TI2 Desktop takes the renowned Virus TI synthesizer to the next level!
|Sound Engine Type(s)
||20 - 90 (Depending On the Patch)
|Number of Presets
||512 RAM Paches, 3328 ROM Sounds
|Number of Effects
||Reveb, Chorus, Delay, Phaser, EQ, Ring Mod, etc.
|Number of Audio Inputs
|Audio Input Types
||2 x TS
|Number of Audio Outputs
|Audio Output Types
||6 x TS, 1 x TRS (Headphone
|Number of Digital Inputs
|Digital Input Types
||1 x S/PDIF
|Number of Digital Outputs
|Digital Output Types
||1 x S/PDIF
||In, Out, Thru, and USB
||Power Supply Included