Native Instruments Traktor Pro -
Digital Heart, Vinyl Soul!
Native Instruments' Traktor Pro represents their next generation in DJ
software technology, sporting a serious focus on performance. Building
on the power of popular Traktor software, Traktor Pro features a
redesigned user interface, premium effects based on Reaktor technology,
auto beat-gridding, auto-syncing, and a cool new Cover Art feature in
the virtual "crate." Native Instruments set out to give Traktor Pro a
"digital heart" with a "vinyl soul" - and that's exactly what you can
expect. Blend old school vibe with a ton of modern MIDI tricks - it's
all inside Traktor Pro.
Native Instruments Traktor Pro at a Glance:
- Killer interface - intuitive layout, high-contrast, meant for performance
- Auto beat-gridding, auto-syncing - vinyl soul with serious digital conveniences
- Vinyl-inspired virtual crate with Cover Art flicking
- Easily jump between "hot loops," thanks to quantized controls
- 21 pro-grade effects with tempo-syncing, two independent processors, and more
- Easily map advanced controls to your favorite MIDI controllers
Killer interface - intuitive layout, high-contrast, meant for performance
Native Instruments made serious headway with Traktor Pro, redesigning
the already-renowned software, so you can even more intuitively and
confidently perform with it. The overhauled interface was created with
real-world club environments in mind. To start, it's all high-contrast,
so you can see everything clearly, no matter the lighting conditions.
Plus, you've got larger fonts, bright wave forms, and an even smoother
layout for an improved workflow.
Auto beat-gridding, auto-syncing - vinyl soul with serious digital conveniences
Traktor Pro offers up four decks, making it easy to add loops, tracks,
and samples. But maybe the coolest part is that all the tracks you add
are automatically beat-detected and precisely gridded - pull them in,
and you're already ready to go. The new Sync Lock function can keep
your tracks perfectly synced with no drifting over time - leave the
room for 15 minutes, 30...they'll still be right in sync. What's more,
Traktor Pro's intelligent loop and cue functions make it easy for you
to sculpt your own remixes on the fly while the master tempo and
effects are all tied together in the background.
Vinyl-inspired virtual crate with Cover Art flicking
If you've worked in the analog DJ world, you've probably flipped
through a crate of vinyl to hunt down that perfect track mid-set. In
fact, over time many of us have come to rely on the track's cover art
to remember it, not just it's name. With Traktor Pro, you can still
work that same natural way. At the bottom of the screen, you've got a
virtual crate. Every file in your crate can be tied to its cover art -
even WAV and AIFF files. You can virtually "flip" through albums as you
scroll - just the "tip" of the album will show in your crate, just like
in the real world. And whenever you select an album, its full cover art
will appear. Traktor Pro makes it easier than ever for you to navigate
through your library on the fly - no worries.
Easily jump between "hot loops," thanks to quantized controls
With Traktor Pro, you can set up jump points within a track where
you've determined loops. You can even create loops easily on the fly.
Traktor Pro can quantize its controls - so you can jump from one loop
to the next without worrying about the transition. You can also cut up
loops into smaller and smaller chunks - in half, in half again, in half
again, and so on - by just pressing a button on the fly
21 pro-grade effects with tempo-syncing, two independent processors, and more
Each of the four decks in Traktor Pro sports a legendary Allen &
Heath Xone 92 4-band EQ and filters, so you can take charge of the full
frequency spectrum. Plus, the software's now loaded with 21
professional-quality effects, many built with Native Instruments'
premium Reaktor technology. You can chain the effects in groups of up
to six at a time - and they're controllable in either "easy" or "pro"
mode for your needs. The premier performance effects, including
IceVerb, Bitcrusher, Ring Modulater, and Reverse Grain, boast
tempo-syncing so you can tweak away and never miss a beat, unless you
want to. The dual effects processors are each capable of three effects
inserted in series, with up to six simultaneously on a track.
Easily map advanced controls to your favorite MIDI controllers
You can use Traktor Pro freely without needing a MIDI controller, as
it's totally tweakable with a mouse and designated "hot keys" on your
keyboard. But you can also add your favorite controller - or multiple
controllers - for true hands-on tweaking. Many major controllers
feature pre-mapped, yet customizable, MIDI assignments for Traktor Pro.
Plus, you can upgrade to Traktor Scratch Pro to add turntables and CD
decks to your setup for even more vinyl-styled control of your sound.
Native Instruments Traktor Pro Features:
- Modular user interface featuring 4 playback decks with automatic beat-gridding of tracks, advanced beat detection and Sync Lock
- 21 professional effects - tempo sync to any deck or route an external source through the effects section
- Auto Loop makes it easy to create synchronized loops on the fly with precise control over loop In and Out points
- Fully featured 4-channel mixer, emulating the Xone: 92™ 4-band
EQ and filters by Allen & Heath and three other high end equalizers
- Real-time track management with incremental search, Crate Flick artwork browsing, iPod and iTunes compatibility
- Lay, cue, jog wheel control, hot cues, and loop setting
- Automatic gain control based on perceived loudness; high-quality key correction
- Directly record your set to disk with the integrated recorder supporting internal and external audio input
- Supports multiple MIDI controllers and advanced MIDI
assignments, as well as the syncing of external gear through MIDI clock
- Supported Audio Formats: MP3, WAV, AIFF, Audio-CD, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, non-DRM WMA, AAC
- Supported Drivers: ASIO, Core Audio, DirectSound, WASAPI
- System Requirements PC: Windows XP (SP2, 32 Bit)/Vista (SP1, 32 Bit, 64 Bit), Pentium IV or Athlon 1.4 GHz (SSE1), 1 GB RAM
- System Requirements Mac: Mac OS X 10.4, Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz, 1 GB RAM
Native Instruments' Traktor Pro makes it easy to pull off digital tricks, while keeping that vinyl feel!