Presonus BlueTube DP V2 - PreSonus’ popular Class A XMAX preamps are widely lauded for their
clarity and transparency. Our tube preamps are beloved for their warm,
smooth sound. With the Blue Tube DP V2 dual-path mic/instrument preamp,
you get both types of high-quality sound in one unit.
No wonder the original BlueTube DP became a classic!
Now we’ve improved on the classic unit with the BlueTube DP V2. The
solid-state path now feeds PreSonus’ top-of-the-line Class A XMAX™ mic
preamplifier with 80 dB of variable gain—an upgrade from the original
BlueTube DP’s solid-state stage.
The tube path features a 12AX7 tube that operates on voltages double
that of other preamplifiers in its class, producing lots of headroom and
big tone. We’ve done an assortment of other tweaks as well. The result:
Our BlueTube DP V2 offers lower noise, more high-end clarity, and an
even smoother tube sound than its predecessor.
The Essential Features—and More!
You still get all the secondary features you expect in a
professional-grade preamp: 48V phantom power, an 80 Hz high-pass filter,
-20 dB pad to control hot input signals, and a polarity-reverse switch.
Each channel has an illuminated VU meter so you can visually monitor
your input levels.
A Tube Drive control provides a wide range of sounds: when it’s clicked
off, you’re using the solid-state preamp for quiet, transparent
amplification; when it’s engaged, your signals flow through the tube
preamp, and you can achieve anything from gentle warmth to edgy
Versatile and Affordable
With two combo mic/instrument inputs, the half-rackspace BlueTube DP V2
is a great choice for guitars and basses as well as for vocals.
Singer-songwriters can run their vocal through one channel and their
guitar through the other, feeding both to the P.A.—no guitar amp needed.
It also serves as a DI box, thanks to balanced XLR and unbalanced ¼”
outputs, and is housed in a new, rugged, 1/2U case.
Try the BlueTube DP V2 as a front end for a DAW, too; sure, your
recording interface might already include preamps, but few of them give
you both tube and solid-state operation.
We have also updated the preamp’s compact, rugged enclosure; it has
more rounded edges and looks modern and sleek. It can be used as a
desktop unit or it can be screw-mounted to a standard rack tray.
And despite the improvements, we deliver the BlueTube DP V2 for essentially the same price as the original BlueTube DP.
So get the new and improved version of the most versatile,
best-sounding mic/instrument preamplifier in its price range: the
BlueTube DP V2.
PreSonus BlueTube DP v2 2-channel Microphone Preamplifier and DI Features:
- A value-packed 2-channel preamp that lets you dial in a huge range of tone
- XMAX Class A solid-state preamps give you clean and clear sound
- Parallel 12AX7-driven tube preamps lets you blend in tube saturation to warm up your tone
- Switchable 48V phantom power provides compatibility with any kind of microphone
- Concentric hi-Z instrument inputs on both channels allow you to directly plug in your guitar or bass
- 80Hz highpass filters let you roll off troublesome low frequencies
- 20dB pads accommodates extra hot sound sources, signal levels, and active pickups
- Polarity-reverse switch lets you fix phase issues at the source
- Backlit VU meters with LED clip indicators make it easy to keep an eye on your levels
- Rugged rackmountable 1/2U chassis is also perfect for tabletop use
|Number of Channels
||Yes, switchable for each channel
||2 x XLR combo (XLR-DI combination)
||2 x XLR, 2 x 1/4 TS
||No digital I/O
||No digital I/O
||No other I/O
||No computer connectivity