Presonus Quantum - Taking full advantage of the high-speed Thunderbolt 2 bus and ADAT Optical I/O, the PreSonus® Quantum audio/MIDI interface delivers up to 26 inputs and 32 outputs, with extremely low latency. Boasting superb audio quality; 24-bit, 192 kHz recording and playback; recallable XMAX microphone preamps; and the ability to expand your system as your needs grow, it’s a great choice for a wide variety of professional and semi-pro producers and electronic musicians.
The Quantum offers two combo mic/line/instrument inputs and six combo mic/line inputs, each with a digitally-controlled XMAX preamp and individual +48V phantom power. You also get two ¼” TRS main outputs, eight ¼” TRS aux outputs, and two independent headphone outs with dedicated volume controls. But that’s just the start. With ADAT Optical I/O and S/PDIF stereo digital I/O, you can have up to 18 digital inputs and outputs. And if you need even more I/O channels, you can stack up to four Quantum interfaces via Thunderbolt to create a monster system with up to 96 in and out. BNC word clock I/O ensures your Quantum and other digital audio devices operate in tight sync. And of course you get MIDI I/O, too.
Audiophile-grade digital converters, low-jitter clocking, and recallable preamps add up to a superior recording and listening experience. The Quantum operates at up to 192 kHz for ultra-high-definition mixing and recording. High-quality converters on every input and output provide 120 dB of dynamic range to capture complex musical harmonics smoothly and naturally with no audible distortion. And our recallable XMAX Class A analog microphone preamps deliver incredibly high headroom, deep lows, smooth highs, and a rich overall sound so you’ll hear every breath, transient, and detail in your recordings.
- 26x32 Thunderbolt 2 ultra-low-latency audio interface
- PreSonus’ fastest interface; record direct to DAW (no DSP)
- Stack up to four Quantum interfaces via Thunderbolt for a monster system
- Talkback switch and internal Talkback microphone
- Mute/Dim and Mono switches
- Assignable output level control
- 10 8-segment LED meters (8 input, 2 output
- Simultaneous I/O up to 26 inputs/32 outputs (at 44.1 or 48 kHz)
- 2 front-panel combo microphone/instrument/line inputs
- 6 rear-panel combo microphone/line-level inputs
- 8 XMAX remote-controllable, Class A mic preamps with individually switched 48V phantom power
- 2 balanced ¼” TRS line-level main outputs
- 8 balanced ¼” TRS line-level outputs
- Line outputs are DC coupled for sending control voltages for analog gear
- ADAT Optical/Dual SMUX inputs/outputs: 16x16 channels at 44.1 or 48 kHz; 8x8 channels at 88.2 or 96 kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF coaxial input and output
- 2 high-volume headphone outputs with dedicated volume controls