Presonus Sceptre S6 - The first time you hear Sceptre-series CoActual™ 2-way studio
monitors, you’ll discover fine nuances of your music that can’t be
reproduced by conventional designs. The Sceptre’s panoramic soundstage,
fine detail, and stunning dynamics will astonish you.
Solving the problems involved in coaxial designs requires massive
amounts of DSP and subtle, sophisticated transducer design, which is why
such systems have, in the past, been limited to very high-end systems
with external processors.
However, Fulcrum Acoustic’s amazing, cutting-edge technology has allowed
us to overcome the usual design problems of coaxial systems while
taking advantage of coaxial’s unique properties. Thanks to custom
transducers and TQ algorithms designed by Fulcrum’s Dave Gunness,
Sceptre CoActual monitors deliver clarity and coherence that has
previously only been available in ultra-high-end systems.
Multi-way, non-coaxial speaker designs have long been the way to go in
speaker applications. But they suffer from the changing relationship
between the listener and the speaker elements: When you move around in
the coverage area, the sound is inconsistent. Even more troublesome, the
crossover point between the drivers can sometimes be audible.
Each Sceptre monitor contains a DSP chip that enables the use of
Fulcrum Acoustic’s TQ algorithms. The result is speakers that deliver
the full benefits of coaxial design. Sceptres provide extensive
user-adjustable contour features that let you optimize the monitors for
any mixing space.
The Sceptre S6 has a 6.5-inch low/mid-frequency driver and a 1-inch
(25 mm), horn-loaded, high-frequency transducer into a single coaxial
unit with aligned voice coils. It has front-firing acoustic ports. The
system is bi-amplified: Each transducer is powered by a 90W RMS, Class D
power amp with an internal heat sink. Each Sceptre has its own internal
power supply with IEC connector and a power switch with on/off LED.
- Combines DSP time-correction and point-source design for symmetrical soundstage and micro-definition imaging
- Unique coaxial transducer integrates 6.5-inch midrange driver
and 1-inch (25 mm), horn-loaded HF transducer with Coaxial Speaker
- Acoustic-tuning controls
- HF Driver Adjust (0 dB, +1 dB, -1.5 dB, -4 dB)
- Acoustic Space settings (0 dB, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB)
- High-pass filter (Off, 60 Hz, 80 Hz, and 100 Hz, -24 dB/octave slope)
- Sensitivity (+4 dBu to -10 dBV)
- Power and safety
- 180W RMS, Class D bi-amplification with internal heat sink
- 102 dB maximum continuous SPL
- RF shielding, current-output limiting, and over-temperature protection
- Amplifier "soft start” feature eliminates popping on power-up
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
- Power switch with on/off LED
- Balanced XLR and ¼-inch TRS line-level inputs with A-taper level control