RME Fireface UCX - is a highly integrated pro audio solution in an ultra-compact format for studio and live recordings.
It continues RME's long tradition of designing compact high-end interfaces, packing into a half-rack size unit what
usually would be spread out over two or three 19 inch panels.
In doing this the Fireface UCX marks a new packing record:
300 electronic components more than inside the already well-stocked
In a tremendous effort RME packed once again all the latest
technologies, introduced with the award winning flagship UFX,
plus a bunch of newly developed ones, into a half 19 inch
housing with full mobile usability.
The result is an awesome combination of RME's most successful products: Fireface UFX, Firefaces UC/400 and Babyface.
The Fireface UCX is not just a smaller version of the smash hit
UFX, with the X-core, the preamps and the complete effects engine,
the UCX continues the tradition of RME's tremendously successful
and combines it with the great usability of the Babyface through
the included RME remote.
With the Fireface UCX RME reinvented an already perfect product,
by improving existing features and characteristics plus adding
sophisticated new ones:
- Low Latency mastering grade converters with outstanding specifications.
- Two mic preamps with the premium technology from RME's
high-end recording bestsellers Micstasy and UFX, including the AutoSet
- A newly developed Hammerfall audio core, supporting USB and
FireWire with the maximum performance and ultra-low latency operation,
combined with the legendary RME driver stability and
maintenance, on both bus protocols.
- TotalMix FX with the complete Fireface UFX DSP engine, including all effects up to 192 kHz.
- Monitoring Controller: combining the impressive flexibility
of the TotalMix FX monitoring tool set and the included RME Remote
- RME's unique DIGICheck metering and analysis toolbox for Windows PC and Mac.
- Plus support for RME's Advanced Remote Control, active
jitter suppression technology, professional reference level support,
advanced stand-alone functionality,
full 192 kHz operation, and last but not least two high speed
- On top of it: The Fireface UCX is the first professional audio interface with Class Compliant mode to work with Apple's iPad,
for perfect stereo up to 8 channel recording and playback, and the addition of truly professional I/Os.
All in all the Fireface UCX is the new compact-sized dream
interface, created with care for every detail,
and a new premium solution for any desktop and live usage,
without compromises in sound, stability and ultra-low latency operation.
- 18 Input / 18 Output channels
- 8 x Analog I/O
- 2 x Mic/ Line Preamps, digitally controlled
- 2 x Line / Instrument inputs, digitally controlled
- 1 x SPDIF I/O coaxial
- 1 x ADAT I/O (or 1 x SPDIF I/O optical)
- 1 x Word Clock I/O
- 2 x MIDI I/O (via breakout cable)
- 1 x FireWire 400
- 1 x USB 2.0 (USB 3.0 compatible)
- TotalMix FX (with UFX effects engine)
Windows 7 / Vista / XP SP2 (32 & 64 bit)
Apple Mac OS X 10.5 Intel or up (Core Audio)
Windows and Mac OS X drivers are completely identical in terms of features and functionality.
*Some features in DIGICheck are not available in the Mac version.