RME Fireface UFX II : is the premier solution to transfer analog and digital audio data directly to a computer from practically any source. Numerous unique features, well thought-out configuration dialogs, an industry-leading mixing engine and monitoring solution, professional DSP effects and class-leading analog circuits with latest digital converters put the Fireface UFX II at the very top of the range of computer-based audio interfaces.
With exceptional flexibility and compatibility, the inclusion of DURec (Direct USB Recording), and RME’s famous low latency hardware and driver designs, the Fireface UFX II delivers a rich feature set that will appeal to users in both high end home studios and commercial audio production facilities. With capacity for 60 audio channels (30 input and 30 output), support for sampling frequencies upward of 192 kHz, and the flexibility provided by USB connectivity, the new Fireface UFX II is an ideal solution to a wide range of recording, mixing, and monitoring applications.
The Fireface UFX II offers excellent flexibility that enables the interface to fit seamlessly into a myriad of production environments. Analog, ADAT, AES, SPDIF, and USB 2 are all standard on the Fireface UFX II. Equally impressive is the unit’s channel count: 12 analog, 16 ADAT, and 2 AES for 30 channels input and 30 channels output. Further, with support for USB 2 connectivity, the new Fireface UFX II can integrate with RME’s optional ARC USB remote controller. RME’s Fireface UFX II incorporates premium AD/DA converters, optimized analog I/O circuits, as well as improved SNR and THD values to guarantee pristine, crystal clear and transparent audio. A new PAD-free mic circuit design with +18 dBu maximum input level and 75 dB gain range provides trouble-free operation for the most demanding recording environments.
Further, new low impedance, high power phones outputs (2 Ohms) with +19 dBu maximum output level provide ample output power and volume on any headphones - high or low impedance. Since 2001, TotalMix has added unlimited routing and mixing to RME audio interfaces. Its unique capability to create as many independent submixes as output channels available, turned it into the most flexible and powerful mixer of its kind.
With supported hardware, TotalMix FX includes a complete effects system, which not only adds flexibility to the recording chain, but also makes latency saddled software solutions obsolete. TotalMix FX can completely replace an external mixer, enabling the creation of multiple latency-free monitor mixes with EQ, Dynamics, Reverb and Delay for any outputs, incl. main monitors and headphone mixes for musicians.
- Clocks: Internal, ADAT, AES, MADI, word clock
- Low Jitter Design: < 1 ns in PLL mode, all inputs
- Internal clock: 800 ps Jitter, Random Spread Spectrum
- Jitter suppression of external clocks: > 30 dB (2.4 kHz)
- Effective clock jitter influence on AD and DA conversion: near zero
- PLL ensures zero dropout, even at more than 100 ns jitter
- Digital Bitclock PLL for trouble-free varispeed ADAT operation
- Supported sample rates: 28 kHz up to 200 kHz
- 30 Input / 30 Output channels
- 12 x Analog I/O
- 4 x Mic/Instrument Preamp, digitally controlled
- 1 x AES/EBU I/O
- 2 x ADAT I/O (or 1 x ADAT I/O plus 1 x SPDIF I/O optical)
- 1 x Word Clock I/O
- 2 x MIDI I/O
- 1 x USB 2.0
- TotalMix FX
- 2 x MIDI I/O via 5-pin DIN jacks
- Galvanically isolated by optocoupled input
- Hi-speed mode: Jitter and response time typically below 1 ms
- Separate 128 byte FIFOs for input and output