RME HDSPe MADI : The HDSPe MADI is RME's both inexpensive and outstanding PCI Express card with MADI interface. HDSPe MADI is based on the award-winning HDSP MADI card, and represents a new addition to this successful card line. The PCI Express card takes full advantage of the MADI format, offering 64 channels of 24-bit audio at 48kHz, 32 channels at 96kHz, and 16 channels at up to 192kHz. Transmission is done via a single line, either coaxial with BNC plugs or by fiber cable, cable runs up to 100m can be achieved with the HDSPe MADI.
New features: Compared with the HDSP MADI (Standard PCI version), the express card offers some new features: Support of higher sample rates than 96 kHz, more features in TotalMix (phase and internal loopback per channel, +6 dB gain for the hardware outputs), and the direct support of the Time Code Option. HDSPe MADI provides even lower latencies, making the card the perfect partner for live recording and live mixing applications. The analog monitor output is equipped with the low-latency converter technology of the ADI-8 QS, thus guaranteeing stunning SNR and THD values too.
Fully compatible with MADI : HDSPe MADI is fully compatible to all devices with MADI interfaces. In combination with the ADI-648 an 8 x ADAT optical PC interface is realized, unbeatable in price and performance. With the ADI-6432 a bidirectional AES/EBU front end with 64 channels is available. On a powerful PC/Mac three HDSPe MADI can be used in a combination, providing 192 inputs and 192 outputs on a single workstation simultaneously.
- PCI Express interface
- 1-Lane PCI Express Endpoint device (no PCI Express to PCI Bridge), revision 1.1.
- 2.5 Gbps line speed
- Packet-based full-duplex communication (up to 500 MB/s transfer rate)
- All settings changeable in real-time
- Automatic and intelligent master/slave clock control
- Sync sources: MADI coaxial, MADI optical, word clock, internal
- Varipitch: by input signal or word clock
- Sample rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, variable (Sync/word clock)
- Sample Rate Range: MADI: 32 kHz - 96 kHz, word clock: 27 kHz - 200 kHz
- Jitter: < 1 ns, internal and all inputs
- Jitter sensitivity: PLL operates even at 100 ns Jitter without problems
- Comes with DIGICheck: the ultimate measurement, analysis and test tool
- Input MADI optical, MADI coaxial (BNC), 2 x MIDI, word clock (BNC)
- Output MADI optical, MADI coaxial (BNC), 2 x MIDI, word clock (BNC), stereo analog line/phones
- Input word clock: BNC, Signal Adaptation Circuit (functional from 1.2 Vpp input signal), switchable termination
- Output word clock: BNC, low-impedance driver stage, 4 Vpp into 75 Ohms, short-circuit-proof
- MIDI input and output: via four 5-pin DIN jacks
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz
- Even lower latencies than HDSP MADI
- Enhanced TotalMix
- Monitor output with low-latency converter technology of ADI-8 QS
- Direct support of HDSP TCO
- 64 Input channels/64 Output channels
- 1 x MADI I/O (optical and coaxial)
- 2 x MIDI I/O
- Stereo Analog Out
- Word Clock I/O
- Optional: HDSP TCO