Spectrasonics Stylus RMX : Stylus RMX is a completely new groove-based virtual instrument plug-in
for Macintosh and Windows. Stylus RMX is the first product to offer
the combined power of Groove Control™ with Spectrasonics Advanced
Groove Engine (S.A.G.E.™) technology giving users dramatic new
control over groove production and performance.
Spectrasonics’ in-house development team created the new
instrument from the ground up, with dozens of new features including
the ground-breaking Chaos Designer™, a completely redesigned
multi-page user interface, a new core library of sounds, all with
a focus on realtime groove creation and performance.
New Core library
The massive new 7.4 gigabyte core-library in Stylus RMX has thousands
of cutting-edge grooves and sounds that were created by Spectrasonics’
international sound design team, and produced by Eric Persing. The
new core library contains nearly triple the amount of sounds originally
offered in the original Stylus, and contains all the original material
as well. The new sounds and grooves in Stylus RMX offer a much wider
range of modern musical genres than the original Stylus. Mixes of
grooves are broken down into individual tracks called Elements for
flexibility and infinite combinations.
Also new in Stylus RMX are thousands of new Kit modules, 250 Kit patches,
as well as user Kit construction....Users can create their own customized
multitrack remix grooves and kits, save them into the plug-in, and even
share them with other Stylus RMX users on different platforms and hosts.
RMX 1.5 even comes with 500 new Multi grooves!
Stylus RMX marks Spectrasonics’ first expandable virtual instrument,
with a series of five new “S.A.G.E. Xpanders” for Stylus
RMX at $99US retail each. Stylus RMX also can be expanded with existing
Groove Control CD-ROM libraries and even REX files – which
opens the door for musicians to utilize their own audio loops within
the powerful S.A.G.E. Environment.
Of the many new capabilities in Stylus RMX, possibly the most innovative
feature is the Chaos Designer™. With simple controls, the
user can introduce musical Chaos into the groove, which allows it
to have constantly evolving variations— giving the impression
that the audio grooves are improvising. The results can be subtle
or extreme by setting the simple to use controls. A Capture feature
allows the spontaneous audio chaos patterns to be made into a MIDI
file, dragged and dropped into the host sequencer, and played back
again for further editing by the user.
Stylus RMX Xpander Includes:
- First product using new S.A.G.E. technology (Spectrasonics Advanced Groove Engine)
- Realtime auto-sync to the beat so grooves are always in
time, even when performed live! Groove Control is always active for
optimum sound quality at virtually any tempo.
- Massive cutting-edge 7.4gb Core Library, with nearly triple
the sounds of the original Stylus. (the original Stylus core
library also included)
- Expandable! Add more grooves with new series of
“S.A.G.E. Xpanders” Expandable with Groove Control® activated
sample libraries Expandable with Propellerheads REX files, which
allow a user to import their own audio loops via ReCycle™.
- Thousands and thousands of grooves, sounds, patches and interchangeable “Kit modules” for building grooves
- 500 Multi Grooves
- 250 Kits
- World-Class integrated FX Racks w/27 professional effects:
Tube Limiter, Tape Slammer, Modern and Vintage Compressors, Wah-Wah,
Power Filter, 6 different Vintage/Parametric/Graphic Equalizers, Flame
Distortion, Valve Radio, PRO-Verb, EZ-Verb, Spring Verb, Gate Expander,
Stereo Imager, Flanger, 2 different Phasers, 3 BPM Delays, Retroplex
Tape Delay and Radio Delay
- Easy MIDI Control of all 20,000 parameters with MIDI Learn:
simply grab the parameter and the hardware control * Hardware
Controller Templates provided for Popular models by Korg, Behringer and
- Over 9 hours of professional Video Tutorials are included a visual way to quickly learn about Stylus RMX!
- Integrated Documentation - A 68,000 word Reference Guide is accessible directly from the plug-in Help menu
- Multipage user interface design with fully integrated Browser for easily auditioning & organizing grooves
- Innovative Chaos Designer™ adds musical variations and “improvising” within stereo audio grooves!
- 8-part Multitimbral, each part can have dozens of grooves and samples
- Multiple stereo outputs (with supported software)
- Edit Groups offer unique control of individual beats within
an audio loop: add ambience to just the backbeat, control the pitch of
the snare inside a stereo loop, reverse only specific slices in the
- Favorites Menu creation of user defined suites of grooves, perfect for project-by-project work
- Built-in Mixer w/ 8 channels, mute/solo, level, meters, 4 Aux sends, output assignments
- Drag and Drop MIDI files into host sequencer
- User Kit building from core library, User Remixes, cross-platform/cross-host patch compatibility
- Groove Menu mode allows any suite of multiple grooves to be played live from the keyboard on a single MIDI channel
- Grooves can be instantly auditioned at Half Time / Double Time
- Build Multitrack Grooves in realtime!
- Real-time Jamming in sync!
- Powerful sound design features include: New multi-mode
Power Filter, 3 syncable LFOs, 3 AHDR envelopes, Reverse and more
- Edit Templates to browse and audition grooves using custom sets of parameter edits
- Easy Edit page with Big Knobs for simple, yet powerful control of key parameters
Backbeat SAGE Xpander
you tired of searching through piles of overcooked, pretentious loops,
when you're just trying to find a solid, tasty groove for your song? The
Spectrasonics Backbeat library is just what you're looking for - great
feeling, rock-steady grooves with attitude, but without overplaying. The
variety and quality within the Backbeat library is astonishing!
Retro Funk SAGE Xpander
Funk offers a fresh take on the killer vintage sound. The sonic texture
of these loops makes them ultra-flexible, bringing massive "vibe" to
any modern track. Producer Eric Persing's mixes create a unique, dry
sonic attitude in this library, making it ideal for layering with other
Burning Grooves SAGE Xpander
Burning Grooves drum Xpander delivers maximum impact! This collection of
killer kits and blazing live drum grooves for Stylus RMX was laid down
by L.A. slammer Abe Laboriel Jr. (Seal, Jeff Beck, Steve Vai, Joe
Sample). Burning Grooves' extreme remixes were created by producer Eric
Persing (Distorted Reality, Bass Legends).
Liquid Grooves SAGE Xpander
Grooves gives you sounds that previously have existed only in your
imagination! Propelling live drum grooves combine with unusual, organic
percussion loops to create entirely new grooves to move your music
forward. The live elements, performed by some of L.A.'s most creative
session players, have been transformed into a unique sonic texture via
ground-breaking signal processing techniques and state of the art
Metamorphosis SAGE Xpander
ready to take your music to the next level. Metamorphosis, acclaimed
producer Eric Persing's creation, features an entire library of his
trademark, cutting-edge loop manipulations. Each one of the hundreds of
amazing remix grooves are truly unique in texture and feel. This
Metamorphosis is truly a transformation by supernatural means!
Hundreds of amazing Multi-groove patches that combine the Xpanders in creative ways
Unique grooves from Vocal Planet, Distorted Reality and more!